In this episode, my guest is Dr. Michael Eisenberg, MD, a urologist and professor specializing in male sexual function and fertility at Stanford University. Based on his clinical work and research, he is considered a top world expert on male sexual and reproductive health. We discuss testosterone levels and what really impacts them, testosterone therapy, sperm quality and counts, penile and testicular health and function, pelvic floor and prostate and urinary tract health, erectile function and dysfunction and the various causes and treatments for common male sexual, hormonal and reproductive challenges. We also address post-finasteride syndrome and trends in penile length. This episode is rich in actionable information about men’s sexual and reproductive health, including key tests and at-home evaluations, and the behavioral, nutritional, exercise and prescription-based tools that can support male sexual and reproductive health.
- Evidence for decreasing quality of semen during past 50 years (British Medical Journal)
- Temporal trends in sperm count: a systematic review and meta-regression analysis of samples collected globally in the 20th and 21st centuries (Human Reproduction Update)
- Geographic differences in semen quality of fertile U.S. males (Environmental Health Perspectives)
- Self-rated health and semen quality among 3,457 young Danish men (Fertility and Sterility)
- Effect of Radiation Emitted by Wireless Devices on Male Reproductive Hormones: A Systematic Review (Frontiers in Physiology)
- The influence of direct mobile phone radiation on sperm quality (Central European Journal of Urology)
- Cannabis and Male Fertility: A Systematic Review (The Journal of Urology)
- Association of paternal age with perinatal outcomes between 2007 and 2016 in the United States: population based cohort study (BMJ)
- Worldwide Temporal Trends in Penile Length: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis (The World Journal of Men's Health)
Huberman Lab Episodes Mentioned
Join 400,000+ subscribers to get regular emails on neuroscience, health, and science-related tools from Dr. Andrew Huberman.
Plus, you’ll also get Andrew’s exclusive Daily Blueprint, where Andrew shares his daily routine, and outlines practical protocols you can use to stay productive and maximize your health.