In this episode, I explain a set of fitness tools gleaned from the 6-part guest series on fitness, exercise and performance with Dr. Andy Galpin. First, I explain the essential components of a well-rounded fitness program for lifelong health and performance including the minimum requirements for progressive resistance and cardiovascular training. Then, I discuss 12 valuable science-supported fitness tools that take a small amount of time to implement, yet all of which can greatly enhance your level of fitness. These include short endurance-enhancing and strength and hypertrophy-enhancing tools, as well as psychological, respiration (breathing), nutrition and supplementation-based tools — all of which will improve your fitness in meaningful ways and can be easily layered into existing exercise programs to improve your fitness and performance outcomes.
Huberman Lab Guest Series with Dr. Andy Galpin
- Episode 1 – Dr. Andy Galpin: How to Assess & Improve All Aspects of Your Fitness
- Episode 2 – Dr. Andy Galpin: Optimal Protocols to Build Strength & Grow Muscles
- Episode 3 – Dr. Andy Galpin: How to Build Physical Endurance & Lose Fat
- Episode 4 – Dr. Andy Galpin: Optimize Your Training Program for Fitness & Longevity
- Episode 5 – Dr. Andy Galpin: Maximize Recovery to Achieve Fitness & Performance Goals
- Episode 6 – Dr. Andy Galpin: Optimal Nutrition & Supplementation for Fitness
Watch the full guest series on YouTube.
- Fitness Toolkit: Protocol & Tools to Optimize Physical Health
- Foundational Fitness Protocol
- “3 x 5” Approach
- “Sugarcane” Protocol
- How to Breathe Correctly for Optimal Health, Mood, Learning & Performance
- Dr. Rhonda Patrick: Micronutrients for Health & Longevity
- Dr. Layne Norton: The Science of Eating for Health, Fat Loss & Lean Muscle